Okay, okay, I just came back from Cairo. But soon I’ll start working full time for 5 months, and I just need to relax a little bit and spend some time with friends.
That’s why I started to plan a quick getaway since last month, and I am now ready to spend a few days or just a week end in some nice place not too far from home.
As a European citizen, I can say I am more than lucky in this case, for the following reasons:
- I can move all around Europe without applying for visas and I don’t even need a passport to cross borders.
- Almost everywhere in Europe we have the same currency so I don’t need to exchange money and I can keep track of how much I spend more easily than in other countries that have different currencies.
- Okay, Europeans unlike US Americans don’t all speak the same language but I can speak English and French (and definitely understand Spanish) so the language is not a problem.
- Reaching European countries is super easy thanks to the low cost airlines we have, like Ryanair, Easyjet etc.
- Living in Genoa, Italy, allows me to be reasonably close to at least 7 airports: Genoa itself (GOA), Pisa (PSA), Milan Linate (LIN), Milan Malpensa (MXP), Bergamo (BGY), Turin (TRN), Nice (NCE). Cool, huh?
So now I am in the process of deciding where to go. It might be Italy but given the fact that a train to Rome is maybe more expensive than a plane to Prague, I can also opt for a European capital as well.
One very cool thing I found out is a new website called Wimdu. They offer great deals on a whole host of unique apartments worldwide.
Some sort of Craigslist, but more user-friendly and with pictures!
So I am definitely going to take advantage of low cost airlines and Wimdu to schedule my quick getaway.
Any suggestion on the location is more than welcome!
I received a €75 voucher from Wimdu in change of this post. I would like to thank them and I can’t wait to use my voucher! Review coming soon!