Photo of the day: When others take pictures of me…

Photo above by Mohamed el Tamamy

I was already thinking about writing about this, then I decided to go ahead and do it when I read Runaway Juno’s post about solo travel and its negative aspects.

She says: “I want pretty photos of me. (…) I don’t have a decent photo of me. Most of my photos are… you know, my face is on a half of the frame and an arm is sticking out on the other side.”

Yap, I feel you sister. I agree. I don’t like the “arm sticking out on the side of the pic” too, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that if you were with someone on your trip you would surely get amazing photos of you.

You might end up with something like this:

No comment needed.

Not exactly the best memory of my trip to Wadi el Hitan, Egypt!!!

So sometimes it’s better to have the “arm sticking out on the side” but to be in focus, at least.:)

Share Button
This entry was posted in Egypt, Funny, Photo of the day, Photography, Travel, Various and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Photo of the day: When others take pictures of me…

1. Mohamed El Tamamy says:

But Giulia you must admit sometimes other take a good photo of u :)

2. Sabrina says:

You could almost say that picture is artsy with the mountains being so much in focus behind you :)

3. Juno says:

No comment needed.
    But you still look pretty in the photo!! :)
    I feel ya, not many people know how to handle DSLR either. It’s a hassle!

• Can’t imagine now that I’ll switch to fully manual one. Arms sticking on the side forever!!! hehe:)
      (or a photographer partner… #justsaying)

4. Erica says:

LOLOLOL! Yeah – we have that issue when trying to get both of us into a picture. If it isn’t the arm than we block the monument or building we are trying to stand in front of. I’m super stoked Jaime got to take a few pics for us.

• Yap, it’s so good when there’s someone else who can take pictures!
      Picture on the top is by my dear friend Mohamed el Tamamy and he took some amazing pics of me… I was so lucky!!!
      Great pics with/by Jaime!

5. akshaye says:

Giulia…you are very pretty ….beautiful snaps!!

6. Ceri says:

I love that top picture. :D Very beautiful, Giulia.

7. Jaime says:

Oh man taking pictures of yourself is always tricky when you are alone. I have a picture of me running to pose cus I set it on timer and the timer kept beating me…lol!!! That’s why when I travel with others I take advantage.

• Giulia says:

I want to see that picture on the weekly round-up!!! We should make an album of the “bad solo traveler pics” :D

8. Kai says:

It is hard to do bad photo’s with a lovely model like you :-)

9. Sarah Wu says:

That’s one ebuatiful shot . You looks so cute heheh

• Giulia says:

Thanks Sarah! Yes I was lucky because I often traveled with a photographer, and he took some great shots of me.:)

10. Hi, that’s also the same delimma I faced while on solo travel. I have to beg for some strangers to take photos of me, of course, not the same way that I wanted to. At any rate, you looked so nice in this picture. Thanks for sharing this.By the way, I am the one who greeted you first at TBS FB… I also enrolled in the community just a few months ago.

11. It is nice sometimes just to be able to sit there and let someone else take pictures of you!